- The Special Theory of Relativity.
An elementary but yet comprehensive and rigorous introduction.
- General Relativity and Cosmology. A theoretical approach
An introductory, but at the theoretical level, a post graduate outline
- Newtonian Mechanics. Dynamics
Newtonian Dynamics presented in the framework of calculus. Work. The Work-Theorem, Kinetic energy, Potential energy.
Conservation of energy in a conservative force-field. Escape velocity from the earth.
- Theory of Rotation. (pdf)
A theoretical approach to the concepts of angular velocity, torque, angular momentum and moment of inertia.
Supplied with several examples from real life.
- Examples of non trivial differential equations of physics
Solving problems: The dependence of pressure with altitude. Radioactive decay chains. Moving in liquid or air with drag.
Damped harmonic oscillations. Forced oscillations. Numerical methods.
- Physics of Tsunamis. A theoretical approach
An analytic treatment explainning the behavior of Tsunamis
- The first and second law of thermodynamics
A thorough discussion the laws of thermodynamics, including reversibility and entropy
- Statistical Mechanics
A theoretical introduction to the fundamentals of Statistical Mechanics
- Quantum Statistics
Post graduate lectures on Quantum statistic,including Planck's law of radiation and a
treatment of the behaviour of Boltzmann-, Bose- and Fermi-particles
- The two-body problem and The laws of Kepler
An analytic treatmen solving the two-body problem and a derivation of the laws of Kepler
- The principle of least time
The principle applied to show the law of refraction
- Geometrical optics
Reflection in mirrors.refractive index. Lenses and prisms. The lens makers formula. Optical instruments
- A shooting star. A theoretical approach
Theoretical physics is applied to find the duration of a shooting star
- Applications of the wave equation
Derivation of formulas for the speed of propagation of waves on strings, in solids and gasses.
- The physics of Air Mirroring and Mirages
The phenomena of Air Mirroring and Mirages are discussed on a theoretical basis using the law of refraction
- Coupled pendulums and coupled harmonic oscillations
These classical physical problems, being rather mathematicalcomplex, are solved using the Lagrange formalism.
- Hydrodynamics (is complex mathematics)
An introduction to the fundamental equations of hydrodynamics.
- On gyroscopes, tops, rotating eggs and other rotating objects
- Bicycle Physics
Fundamentals on gearing ratios, forces, work, power and going uphill.
- Can you score on a corner kick? (A theoretical approach)
- The Tides. Estimating the contributions from the moon and the sun
- The physics of induction stoves
- The physics of rockets.For educational purposes
- Why can a box only rotate freely about
two of its three principal axes?
If you have a comment or question You are welcome to post me a mail!